Monday, August 11, 2008

Here we go!!

We're currently doing about 1/2 days of school (started last week) just to get us back into the habit (hopefully by the time the books get here, the grumbling will have tamed a little bit!) Anyway, I just had to share today's "fun". Big D is reading A Wrinkle in Time for literature (and I can do it now without the k12 books). Well, if you've read it, you know it talks about tesseracts. Big D had a printed off glossary of words for this book, so he, at least, had a better idea than I did when I first read it. He asked me if a tesseract was a real thing, so we were excited when we found a link in our online stuff for it. Well, I just have to say it was VERY cool!! We started just trying to figure out a 2D drawing of one, then Big D found a tesseract pendant, which, when we looked at it, reminded us an awful lot of some of M.C. Escher's stuff (you know, where some people are walking down stairs and then suddenly those stairs are going the other way,....look here. We had fun trying to figure it out (I don't know if you actually, truly can). But it was nice to see the eagerness in learning!! (okay, I was getting into it too!)

No comments: