Friday, November 20, 2009

testing

We got the results back from last spring's CRT's and I must say I was pleasantly surprised. What a confirmation that we are indeed doing the right thing for our children. I had put Big D back a couple of grades because of his spelling and writing issues (I wanted him to be able to learn without the pressure to write copious amounts). Well, his tests results came back for testing at 2 grades above where I have him (he's finishing up 5th grade work) and he it says that he had mastered 7th grade language and math skills! Science skills were lacking, but I expected that. And the Pink Princess, who I had put a year behind where she should be, tested excellent in language and mastered in math! Wahoo!! What a huge praise!!! It is always a struggle for me not to compare my school with what I think is the "norm"....there really isn't a norm, every child is different, and I see now (again) that homeschooling is what is best for my children....they are able to learn in their own unique ways (and obviously, they are learning). Yay!!

No comments: